SMPS St. Louis recently won the SMPS Derby in Large Chapter Category! The Derby was part of the national SMPS membership campaign, Run for the Roses, in an initiative to help grow each chapter’s membership. St. Louis entered our horse, Lucky Lou, into the competition. As 2016 was our first year as a Large Chapter with 100 members, we were delighted to watch our chapter grew from 109 members in February to 125 members (a 16.82% growth) in May!
A total of 38 chapters participated in the Derby. Each chapter competed within their race category (small, medium, large and extra large).
Three horses won the race in their category and also achieved their growth goal. They will receive the following prizes:
- $500 toward a future program speaker
- $250 toward a celebratory lunch/event (for membership committee)
- 1 additional chapter team discount to 2016 Build Business, the SMPS annual conference ($450 value)
- 1 New membership gift certificate ($440 value)
- 1 Membership renewal gift certificate ($390 value)
- 2 SMPS webinar gift certificates ($358 value)
- Media coverage: Marketer Quick Look and via social media
A huge thank you to our members and our membership committee, who knew several non-member marketing and business development professionals that could benefit from joining this dynamic community.
We are excited to get to know all of our new members at our upcoming events! Click here to see a list of our newest members.