Graceworks – Two Different Workshops Available on 2/7/18
February 7 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
You can catch two different Graceworks workshops at the next SMPS St. Louis special event on February 7, 2018. Join Graceworks for a full day of training.
Gracewriting: Words with Power and Grace
Wimpy writing just doesn’t get results! Gracewriting® teaches you to write with power by being clear, concise and correct. We help you write with grace by putting your reader’s needs first.
In today’s lightning-fast business environment, no one has time to read wordy emails, proposals or reports. It’s just good business to write succinctly and correctly, creating energized documents that connect with the reader.
Our workshop involves a lot more than putting pen to paper. We play games. We compete. We make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! What does that have to do with better writing? Everything! Be ready to be big and bold as you experience Gracewriting®.
- Make the Human Connection® by putting your reader first. It’s not about you; it’s all about them! Know your reader. Help your reader.
- Tap into the power of the English language by replacing weak verbs, nouns and adjectives with strong action verbs. Powerful language is persuasive language.
- Express ideas in a simple, clear manner by eliminating time-wasters like unnecessary words, stuffy clichés and unfamiliar jargon.
- Write with grace. No matter what you’re writing, build “goodwill” with your reader.
- Use best practices and templates to write and edit effective emails, cover letters, informational and persuasive letters, and technical procedures.
The Human Connection: Bring Your Presentations to Life!
Want more confidence when you speak in public? Want to command the room as you share your vision with your colleagues? Want to promote your firm through speaking engagements? Strengthen your presentation skills in this fun, interactive workshop with Graceworks, Inc.
Through teaching, discussion, participation in theater exercises and individual coaching, you’ll learn to connect with your audience, identify and drop nervous habits, prepare and practice your material, make technical material come to life and use graphics and props wisely.
You’ll learn much more than just public speaking skills. These principles apply to all types of interpersonal communication — from one-on-one and team meetings to networking/social events and phone calls. Due to our hands-on approach, this teaching goes well beyond intellectual understanding. You’ll actually experience the presentation/communication principles being taught!
- Create chemistry and trust by connecting personally, emotionally and intellectually with the audience.
- Develop confidence by recognizing, diagnosing and eliminating nervous habits.
- Create client-focused messages.
- Communicate messages, design ideas and benefits so others can visualize them.
- Practice effectively.
About the Speaker
Jen Hebblethwaite, Champion of All Things Grace, heads up Graceworks’ Atlanta office. From commercial real estate to coaching Atlanta’s finest Men in Blue at the Forest Park Police Department, Jen is an experienced corporate trainer. She’s spent 10 years as a Teaching Artist for a Tony Award-winning theatre and has taught everything from playwriting to MBA Leadership/Communication on an undergraduate and graduate level. She is foremost a compassionate coach and trainer, but as our rogue academic, Jen also gets excited about things like semantics and semicolons. She leads our Gracewriting® program and is trained in Whole Brain® Thinking, which is designed to use every last brain cell. Jen’s teaching style is big and bold, and she can’t wait to help you help your listeners and readers!
7.5 CEUs are available for the full day program.
4 CEUs for the morning session and 3.5 for the afternoon.
Morning Session: Gracewriting
Registration, Networking and Breakfast: 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM
Presentation: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Afternoon Session: The Human Connection
Registration and Networking: 12:45 PM – 1:00 PM
Presentation: 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
* Please note: lunch will be served to those attending the full day of programming.
Westborough Country Club
Half Day Session (Morning or Afternoon)
Member: $200 – $150 if registered before 1/17/18
Nonmember: $250 – $200 if registered before 1/17/18
Student Member: $50
Full Day (Includes Breakfast and Lunch)
Member: $300 – $250 if registered before 1/17/18
Nonmember: $400 – $325 if registered before 1/17/18
Student Member: $110
Please RSVP by Friday, February 2, 2018
NOTE: To ensure we can comfortably accommodate all attendees, anyone who registers after 2/2/18 will be charged an additional $10 walk-in fee.